Holidays in the Eastern Pyrenees
After having booked your stay at Camping La Garenne in the Pyrénées Orientales, discover this beautiful region of southern France.
Discover the Pyrénées-Orientales
An extraordinary climate and a relaxed lifestyle worthy of the regions of the Mediterranean basin. Green mountains, first summits of the Pyrenees-Orientales, which advance towards the sea and merge with the blue of the Mediterranean. An exceptional heritage witnessing the rich past of the Catalan country and gastronomy that mixes Spanish, Catalan and Mediterranean influences. A culture and a language well anchored in a territory located between sea and mountain, close to Spain and Andorra. A coastline and relief that offer sports and nature lovers a very wide range of sports and outdoor activities. Because this department seems to have gathered all the ingredients sought by the vast majority of holidaymakers, Pyrénées-Orientales is an ideal destination for a dream holiday for couples, family or friends.
Activities and visits around Perpignan
- Villefranche de Conflent and the yellow train
- Lac de vinça
- The organs d’Ille sur Tet (at 3 km)
- Cathar Castles
- Roman Art
- Our ski slopes still open in March
- Wine routes
- All our hikes
- The rocky coast, our sandy beaches
Top 3 Activities in Eastern Pyrenees
- In terms of nature, the paradise for hikers, horseback riders and mountain bikers is undoubtedly the Pyrenees Catalanes Regional Nature Park, with around fifty circuits and 3,500 km of marked trails. The Pyrenees are also ideal for climbing, canyoning, rafting, canoeing and caving.
- The department is dotted with beautiful monuments such as the fortress of Salses restored by Vauban and the magnificent palace of the Kings of Majorca in Perpignan, flagship of the beautiful heritage of the Catalan capital. Take a swim or rent a jet-ski on the beaches of Argelès, Saint-Cyprien, Canet-en-Roussillon or Le Barcarès, stroll through the traditional markets to buy local products and converse with locals..
- If you are looking for an unusual and extraordinary activity to do in summer with children, board the Cerdagne yellow train that will take you to the Catalan highlands and offer you sensational panoramic views.
The 2 Most Beautiful Villages in France in the region
One of the “Most beautiful villages in France” 11km from the campsite. A 14th century Catalan city whose castle and panorama of the Canigou can be admired.
22km away, the pedestrian village of Eus, classified “Most beautiful village in France” and its picturesque cobbled streets where artists nest awaits you. It is one of the sunniest villages in France!